Dash 4 Diabetes
5K Run, 2.5K Walk & Fun Run
Take a step in the right direction!
Register Now!...Donate, Sponsor...or....Volunteer
Special Fitness Center offers to Dash Participants! Learn More >>
Date: Saturday, April 6, 2013 - Rain or shine!
• 2:30 pm - Registration
• 3:15 pm - Kids Run
• 4:00 pm - 5K Run and 2.5K Walk
Location: Chester County Justice Center - Downtown West Chester
Benefits: The Diabetes Self Management Program at The Chester County Hospital and Health System
Presenting Sponsor: Parkway
2013 Health - Happiness - Success Award Winner: To Be Announced
5K Run and 2.5K Walk
Fee: $20 before March 30 (online or by mail) , $25 after March 30 (online), $25 day-of registration Children under 12 are $10 - Kids who participate in the fun run are welcome to walk/run in the Dash as well. Registration includes t-shirt while supplies last.
• 1st - 5th place men's and women's overall winners - $125, $100, $75, $50 & $25
• Awards for winners in each age group
• Kennedy Marie Canzoneri Award - Awarded to the athlete with diabetes who finishes first in the Parkway Dash 4 Diabetes
Dare 2 Dash
Challenge your friends, coworkers or family to a friendly race. Register 10 or more people and we will post your team online. The winner of your race will receive bragging rights, be honored at the awards immediately following the race and receive a prize. Each person of the team can register online independently. One person must act as the team leader, fill in the enrollment form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st. There is no additional fee for the Dare 2 Dash. If you are participating as a group, you may also consider the team option.
Runner / Walkers with Raffle Tickets:
Feeling lucky? Add raffle tickets to your registration and you could win a new Chevrolet from Thomas Chevrolet or other great prizes. In addition to your t-shirt, we'll include a book (6 tickets) of Raffle Tickets for a chance to win one of many great prizes. Event T-shirts Additional Dash T-Shirts, Designed by Henderson High School Students are available for $10 each.
Kids Fun Run
A great way to get outside and enjoy healthy family fun
Time: 3:15 pm
Location: Church Street - Between Market Street and Miner Street (Safe, closed course)
Fee: $10 per child (FREE for children under 12 with diabetes) - Please email email@example.com details. There are prizes and t-shirts for all.
Kids who participate in the fun run are welcome to walk/run in the Dash as well.
Can't Dash?....THERE ARE 3 OTHER GREAT WAYS TO HELP!
Your donation will directly impact patient care in our community through the Diabetes Self-Management Program. Donate today and help make our community a healthier place to live. Donations can be mailed to The Chester County Hospital Foundation. Please make checks payable to May Festival/Dash and return to The Chester County Hospital Foundation, 701 E. Marshall St., West Chester, PA 19380 along with the following information: Name, Email Address, Address, Phone Number.
Make It Your Business! - Participating in the Dash is a great way to conduct Team Building, Marketing, and Community Outreach while encouraging Employee Wellness.
Sponsorship comes with complementary run entries. Invite your clients, employee, friends and family to run/walk and give them a reason to get in shape, a public goal to work towards and a celebration of their achievement. Along the way, your employees will enjoy the camaraderie that comes from working towards and achieving a common goal and helping people living with diabetes in our community. With your logo on their shirts and photos and video documenting your participation, you will showcase your company and your support of the community. And, best of all, participation is easy and turnkey.
• TEAM BUILDING - participating in a common activity and having fun together leads towards team unity, cooperation and greater efficiency.
• MARKETING - By supporting the Challenge, your employees and company name will be out in our community, in front of current and potential customers. By supporting a corporate team, you will get your company logo on the front of your team member's shirts.
• EMPLOYEE WELLNESS - A healthy employee is a more productive employee. A public fitness goal is a great way to encourage wellness in your company.
• COMMUNITY OUTREACH - You will be making a difference in our community simply by participating. Money raised by the Dash provides education and care for patients, here, in our community.
• EASY FOR YOU - Online Registration - We will set up employee self-serve registration online. Each employee will get an individualized confirmation. You will get a participation report and one concise bill at the end.
• DOCUMENTATION - We will provide photography and videography of your team at the events. The photographs and videos will be posted on our site but you will also receive copies to use for corporate PR and in house celebrations. Easy Communication - We will provide emails that will be easy to brand and pass on as your own to your employees. Corporate Concierge - Our corporate concierge will drop off your team's t-shirts prior to the event. We will provide you with a location where your employees can get together prior to and after the ride to enjoy food and refreshments. Our concierge will make certain you have a professional team photo taken and a video if you so choose. Organized and Safe - You can feel comfortable knowing that your employees will enjoy a safe, well organized event. In addition to having road marshals and chaperones, we have ambulances on hand should anyone need medical assistance. Recognition - Your team and company logo will be listed on the Hospital's website.
• HONOR - You may have employees who are either living with diabetes or have a loved one who is. Participating in the Dash is a great way to support them and honor their fight. Click here for a list of sponsorship opportunities.
Other Ways to Participate - The events of The Chester County Hospital are "Serious Fun" and raise money in support of the highest level of medical care for those living in our community. While participating in is a great way to help, you may also consider volunteering, sponsoring, donating or supporting our events. For more information, please contact Tom Gavin at 610.431.5329.
Volunteer at an Event - Participating in a common activity, learning new skills and giving back to the community are all excellent ways to help build your work team. You can accomplish all three by volunteering at a Hospital event. We have 26 events throughout the year and have one that will fit your schedule, the time you can donate, and provide a meaningful experience for your company. Please contact Tom Gavin for more information - Tgavin@cchosp.com / 610.431.5329 or Nancy Shoudy for volunteer for the Dash for Diabetes - firstname.lastname@example.org.